Works Commencing at East Sleekburn During February 2017
- We are shortly to begin vegetation clearance on the converter station site and on a small section by the riverbank on Sleekburn.
- In order to provide safe access into the converter station site some of the hedge to the west of the site entrance will need to be trimmed back to ensure adequate road traffic visibility.
- Our standard working hours will be 08:00 – 18:00, Monday to Friday. Temporary cabins will be onsite for the duration of the works, during this initial phase it may be necessary to undertake some work during the weekend period.
- For safety reasons the walking tracks through the converter station area will be closed from 20 February 2017.
- Following this initial phase of works the preliminary site works will commence towards the end of March 2017.
- There will be a project team on site throughout the construction process. For reasons of safety, working with Northumberland County Council, the speed limit on Brock Lane will be reduced from 60mph to 30mph