COVID-19 and North Sea Link Interconnector Construction works:
The interconnectors in development are a key part of the critical infrastructure. The joint venture partners National Grid and Statnett will, together with our contractors, maintain priority works on the NSL interconnector project, whilst ensuring all our activities are within current government guidance.
The welfare of our employees, contractors, and the community remains our highest priority. All our people who need to continue working on site and to travel through the community are doing so under the appropriate health and safety measures to protect themselves and others.
Works in East Sleekburn converter site:
- All building structures on site have now been constructed. Internal works in all buildings are ongoing.
- Tarmac installation to the site wide roads has commenced – the first layer (base course) has been laid.
- The remaining construction works are now well advanced in preparation for testing.
Cable installations – Part A (near Brock Lane):
- Works to cross Brock lane are complete.
- Installation works through the field to the National Grid substation are now complete and reinstatement has commenced, starting with the agricultural field (off Old Brock Lane).
- Our remaining work in the National Grid substation where the NSL cables connect are expected to finish in the first half of 2021.
Cable installations – Part B (near Cambois):
- All cable installation works have now been completed.
- The resurfacing of The Bucca has been completed by Northumberland County Council.
I would like to thank you once again for your patience and understanding during our cable installations. If you have any questions about our ongoing work or would like to discuss the project in more detail, please call us on 0800 298 0405 between 09:00-17:00 Monday to Friday or email us at [email protected]