The interconnectors in development are a key part of the critical infrastructure. The joint venture partners, National Grid and Statnett, will together with our contractors, maintain priority work on the NSL Interconnector project whilst ensuring our work and activities are within current government guidance.
The welfare of our employees, contractors and the community remain our priority. All our people who need to continue working on site and travel through the community are doing so under appropriate health and safety measures to protect themselves and others.
Works in East Sleekburn converter site:
- All building structures on site have now been constructed. Internal works in all buildings are ongoing (including the installation of all high voltage equipment.)
- All seven transformers have now been installed.
- Commissioning of the high voltage equipment will start within the next few months.
Cable installations – Part A (near Brock Lane):
- Excavation work is currently underway through the fields adjacent to Brock Lane, in order to install the cable connecting the converter station to the existing National Grid substation.
- Excavation is well underway through Brock Lane, with one half of the road crossing having been completed w/e 3 July 2020.
- Please note the temporary traffic light sequence has recently changed and pedestrian lights deployed, meaning road users may have noticed a change to the lighting sequence. These works, and associated temporary traffic management systems, are due to come to an end shortly.
Cable installations – Part B (near Cambois):
- All cable installation works have now been completed.
- There are plans to carry out additional light planting works later this .
- The resurfacing of The Bucca will be completed by Northumberland County Council later this year.
I would like to thank you once again for your patience and understanding during our cable installations. If you have any questions about our ongoing work or would like to discuss the project in more detail, please call us on 0800 298 0405 between 09:00-17:00 Monday to Friday or email us at [email protected]